Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Monday, September 7, 2015

Hello Loved ones!

This week brings an end to my first transfer out in the mission field and I feel like I've learned so much since the MTC. We had transfer calls this Saturday and it looks like I'm staying in Branson along with Elder Chapman. I'm really happy that I get to stay here in this area with him for another great transfer.

So we had a difficult week trying to fill our schedules with appointments with investigators but we got in a lot of good active member lessons. Our ward really wants to start focusing on member responsibility for referrals. We are hoping to see some increase in our teaching pool. Even though it was hard sometimes getting appointments, we still had an amazing week full of miracles and amazing experiences. Yesterday, we had more investigators show up to church than any other week this transfer. It was exciting to see them there! I also happened to see The Seely family in the ward on Sunday. That was a crazy surprise!

A couple days ago we went to visit a less active family, The Nelsons. Their daughter, Kiana, just had surgery on her leg because she tore her ACL. When we got there, she was in a ton of pain. She took medication and nothing was working for her. We asked if she would like a blessing and she said yes. The power of the spirit that was in that room was so remarkable. Elder Chapman gave the blessing and you could tell that he was speaking through the spirit. After the blessing, Kiana just sat there, completely at peace. The authority of the Priesthood is an amazing gift that we have been given and I'm glad that I've been able to exercise that powerful authority. It makes me always want to live worthy to be able to use it in my future family.

Thank you all so much for your emails this week. I love hearing from everyone of you guys. No matter what you are going through, keep your head up, keep on going, and trust Heavenly Father. He can't help you if you just sit in one place. Love you all!

Love, Elder Leavitt
 
It was crazy running into this guy at church!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment