Thursday, April 21, 2016

Monday, April 21, 2016

I made it over to the land of Tulsa, Oklahoma this past week and let me tell ya, I thought I was driving into Las Vegas when we pulled into the city. They look exactly the same so I'm going to feel right at home here. I got my new companion Elder Udy and we started to get along right away so this is going to be a great transfer here. We've been pretty busy the past couple of days. We just found out the night before transfers that they were taking the missionaries out of an area and they are going to give the New Haven Elders another area to be over. So now we are the missionaries for both the New Haven ward and the Riverside ward. Things have been crazy with trying to figure out how things are going to work out with this new change. A lot of meetings to get things settled and going to church twice yesterday really made it easy to go to sleep last night. It's good that we have been staying busy and we are both excited for this opportunity to work with both wards. It's going to be tough but we are enthusiastic about it.

Not much has really been going on. I'm just trying to remember names and faces and that has been a lot of work with just that. We do have a couple recent converts in the New Haven ward that we met with. One of them is a 9 year old girl named Maria she is part of a part member family. They are all super nice but some of them just aren't ready for the gospel. We are hoping that as we continue to teach Maria, that some of the other family members will feel the spirit working on them and they will have the desire to change. Our other recent convert is named Kamal and he is Syrian and super cool. He doesn't know a ton of English either but I'm use to that, given my last companion. He has a sincere desire to keep learning and we are hoping to get him to the temple and give him the priesthood here soon!

All is well in Tulsa and I'm really looking forward to serving here. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. I love you all and I pray that you will continue to feel the loving guidance and comfort of the Holy Ghost work through your lives. This is a precious gift that we should use and be grateful for daily. I've seen the blessings that come to others lives as we follow promptings given to us. Have the faith to act and the humility to learn. Have a blessed week!

Love, Elder Leavitt

P.S. This is my new address so feel free to send me anything! It's greatly appreciated :)

5315 S. Harvard Ave.
Apt. L
Tulsa, OK 74135

Duck lips with our ward mission leader :)

Hiking last week with my zone in Fayetteville


No comments:

Post a Comment