Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday, August 10, 2015

Sup!
So the past week has been so amazing here in Branson. We've been getting a lot of rain here and its not wussy Nevada rain storms. These are hardcore southern, constant lightning, pouring rainstorms! The other day we were helping a less active lady in our area carry some stuff to the dump that's down the street from her house and it just starts pouring down on us. We got inside as fast as we could and we were given some towels but it still felt like I just got out of the shower with my church clothes on. It's crazy sometimes but I still love it.
I've already had so many experiences here that have strengthened my testimony of how aware our Heavenly Father is of all of us.
The other day, Elder Chapman had the idea to bike The Strip (Yep, just like Vegas hah) and talk to people we see. We talked to some interesting people. A while later we stopped to talk to a Lady who is LDS. She was visiting here in Branson with all of her family but only about half of them are members of the church. While we were talking she said," You know it's crazy... I just got in a big fight with some of my family about the church so I decided to take a walk. While I was walking I thought, It really would be nice to see some elders right now. And just like that you guys came biking up the hill!" She thanked us for lifting up her spirit and making her feel a lot better. Right when she walked away a man biked up to us and started talking about how he wanted to be baptized into our church! We got his info and we are going to start the lessons with him. God is always aware of our needs and our wants. He knows us better than we know ourselves and will always send people our way that he knows will help us.
I've had so many other experiences here that have helped me grow but I'll have to save those for when I get back or no one will want to talk to me about my mission because they will already know all about it! Thank you so much for the emails and all the support. Heavenly Father loves you and will care for you. Love ya all!
-Elder Leavitt  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment