Monday, August 3, 2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hey!
Wow has it already been two weeks??? The days here just keep flying by but I've been enjoying it the whole time. So most of my district and zone left this morning which only leaves behind me and three other Elders. It was really hard to say goodbye to those Elders and Sisters but when they left this morning we had a district prayer and I know I'm going to see them again :)
I can't believe I leave for Arkansas in the morning! It feels like I just got here but I'm excited/nervous/anxious to get out in the field. I've had some amazing teachers during my time at the MTC and they have taught me so much about loving the people and helping them come closer to Christ.
So an incredible experience happened the past two nights.
A couple nights ago a sister in our district asked for a Priesthood blessing because her relationship with her dad wasn't the best when she left. She asked me and a couple other companions to stand in on it while Elder Shaw gave the prayer. The spirit there was so powerful and comforting. After the blessing she came up to us and told us that what was said in the prayer actually related directly to something in her Patriarchal blessing! Our Heavenly Father works in miraculous ways.
Last night we had a district testimony meeting and the testimonies shared strengthened my own. The spirit the members of my district can invite into any meeting is such a wonderful gift. I have enjoyed being able to serve them and their district leader and hope for the best for all of them.
I'm ready to go out and do the work I have been sent here to do. I'm so grateful for the emails of love and support you have all sent me. I know without a doubt this church is true. I'll email you all from Arkansas next week!
-Elder Leavitt
 
Elder Bowen kept getting lost


I finally saw Elder Enosa!
 
District 44 saved up all our food that wa sent to us and had a "last supper"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment