Monday, August 3, 2015

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hello everyone!
I've been at the MTC for a little more than a week now and I'm loving every second of it. I was blessed with such an amazing companion, Elder Thurgood. He is a great guy and everyone loves him. He is constantly smiling and will bear his testimony anytime, anywhere. It is such a strong one and I'm always happy to hear it. I can't believe that it's already been a week! Time has just been flying here. We are constantly moving from class to class to meals to meetings to sleeping then more classes! But I'm not complaining. I've already learned so much and I'm eager to learn more. Before I got my call I always thought I wanted to speak a foreign language on my mission. Now that I'm here and I realize that those elders have to stay for a month and a half, I'm thankful for an English speaking mission. I've only got five more days here but I already want to leave and get work done! So, last Thursday I got called to be my District Leader! Which means I get to check the mail and go to meetings and adult stuff like that so I feel like I've been doing a good job so far. I've been given such a great district. All the Elders and Sisters in my district get along so well. We are constantly laughing at each other but also strengthening each other with the powerful testimonies given by everyone. After all these devotionals and meetings I've been going to, I have a whole new perspective on what to want/expect on my mission. I leave next Wednesday for Arkansas so I don't know when my next email will be coming but hopefully soon. I love all of you guys and thank you so much for the support and love you have shown me in my life and also this past week with your great emails! See you all soon!!!
- Elder Leavitt
Elder Thurgood and I

My district
top row: Elder Solomon, Elder Mckinlay, Elder Shaw, Elder Thurgood, Elder Leavitt, Elder Mclean, Sister Mccleery 
Bottom: Elder Bowen, Elder Johnson, Sister Davis
love all of them
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment