Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Monday, July 11, 2016


So this week we got the good ol' transfer calls and  the title is a little deceitful because I'm actually staying in Tulsa for another transfer! Elder Udy got kicked out and he is heading out to do bigger and better things. I'm sure gonna miss that guy. My new comp is Elder Porter. This is his last transfer as a missionary before he goes home and he has been lucky enough to get to spend it with me so we are going to be killing it together for his last one! We ended up moving into a different apartment at the beginning of the transfer. That has been a hassle and we are going to be finishing it up later this week.

The other day, We were trying to contact this referral way up in North Tulsa and they actually lived pretty close to where our dinner was going to be. The referral wasn't there so we were in North Tulsa with a half hour to kill so I just start walking without any direction (or so I thought) and we came across these kids playing basketball outside in the driveway. I walked up and asked them if we could ball with them. They were the coolest kids ever! One of them asked about the book I had in my hand so I explained a little bit about the Book of Mormon to them. The kid asked if he could see it and after I gave it to him he said," I want this so I'm going to take it and read it." And then he just walked off! 
We were so shocked!

This past week was full of a lot of goodbye's and Hello's as we've been getting Elder Udy one last visit with everyone and now we are trying to get Elder Porter introduced to the areas. We went by and had another lesson with Janet. We found out that she wasn't able to come to church because she has this sickness where her legs stop working right every once in awhile and she couldn't get the shot until today. She said that once she gets it she will be at church the following Sunday so we are hoping and praying that everything works out so she can come this next week! She has such a desire to learn and find what is right in the world so it has been really fun teaching her.

I'm really excited to be spending another transfer here and I'm going to be learning a lot from Elder Porter. When you are doing the Lord's work, there is no obstacle that you can't overcome. When we are living the way that we have been commanded to live, there is no trial that we can't pass through. This has been promised to us and this is a promise that we should always hold on to tightly.

Love you all and I'll include my new address so all those packages and letters you guys are going to send me this week will get to me!

Love,
Elder Leavitt

1318 E. 41st pl.
apt. 401
Tulsa, OK
74105

Helping with a move, Elder Porter is in the highlighter shirt
4th of July festivities


$5 golfing for p-day

No comments:

Post a Comment