Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Monday, July 4, 2016

Hey Y'all

So this past week we were suppose to be getting our transfer calls but President Lovland decided to switch things up a bit and we aren't getting the news until tomorrow night. The whole mission is in suspense right now for what's going to happen so you are going to have to wait until next week for the transfer news. I might be in Kansas by then. Who knows?!?

Elder Udy and I have been doing a lot of work the past couple of days because we aren't sure who is staying and who is going! We went on exchanges this past week and I got to be a Spanish missionary for the day. All the Spanish I remembered from High school didn't save me from a whole lot of sitting there wondering what in the world was going on. It was nice to meet some of the people that they are teaching and I got to talk a bit with their broken English and my broken Spanish. You could say that the exchange was a complete success!

This past week we met a lady named Janet. She was a media referral that we felt like we needed to stop by as soon as possible. We went to her address and she was so happy to see us. She said she was literally just thinking about when the Mormon missionaries were going to come by and then we knocked on her door. She invited us in with her husband and we sat down and talked about the Book of Mormon. She said that she would love to read it because she is really looking for a way to get closer to God. She said that she was hoping to make it to church on Sunday but she wasn't able to this week but we are going to keep working with her.

It's been a great opportunity to really think about what this country means to me and what it means to have the freedoms we do. This truly is the promised land that Nephi and his family sought after. I'm thankful for those who sacrificed so much for us to enjoy the freedoms we have. This country is the birthplace of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am forever thankful for a country where this Gospel could grow into what it is today. I hope you all have a blessed 4th of July. God bless America!

Love,
Elder Leavitt



We went on a hike this morning to celebrate the 4th

This is our boy, Ian. I made him a planner cause he wants to be a missionary too

An Indian lady in our ward made us dream catchers
T-town

No comments:

Post a Comment