Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Monday, May 15, 2017

Pretty stellar week for us!

We were able to squeeze in a couple more exchanges this past week which is always a good time haha. I got to be with a couple of missionaries I've known from previous mission experiences. I was able to learn a lot from all of them! Having all of them here has helped us a lot in the whole finding new people to teach department so we actually have tons of new potential in the area!

We teach tons of islanders but we actually got a new white couple we are teaching! They were a referral from a Bishop in Utah and they are amazing. It was one of the warmest welcomes I've ever had into a new investigators home that I've never met. They live right off the lake and their house is beautiful! They are both retired so for fun, he like makes fancy knifes and she paints and they travel around and sell their stuff. It's a pretty good life that they got going on but it's just missing the gospel! We had a great lesson with both of them and they both know quite a bit about the church. Before we left, he asked for a priesthood blessing because he has been really sick. The wife felt the spirit super strong during the blessing so after she asked for one as well! Really powerful experience. Glad I got to be a part of it.

It was great to get to talk to the family yesterday! I've realized over and over again on my mission how blessed I have been to be placed in the family that I have. I'm always bragging on the family and telling people all that I've learned from my parents. I'm beyond grateful for the mom that I have! She's one of the best :) Love her. I hope everyone had a great week and pray everyone has a blessed one this week!

Love,
Elder Leavitt
Some of the awesome island kids


Our last call home. 9 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment