Thursday, May 25, 2017

Monday, May 22, 2017


I can't begin to describe to you how much I love serving in the Marshall Islands right now haha. I don't even feel like I'm in Arkansas anymore. Take away running water and Walmart and I would be in the islands. We were able to get a lot done this week! We've been working hard on learning phrases in Marshallese and we can almost have decent conversations with most of the islanders. The kids that speak both have been practicing with us. We have had to adjust a lot of our teaching to help those we come across understand our message. You have to use different words and sometimes speak a little in their language to get the message across so it has been interesting. It's a new kind of teaching I've never experienced before! The other night, we had dinner with one of our recent converts from the islands and it was probably the best dinner I've ever had. We made all the island food with her to start off and then, after we prayed, we ate a ton of food while she played the ukulele and sang island songs to us. It was incredible!

The Lord truly blessed us this week. We had a huge focus on finding new people to teach and setting baptismal dates and we saw a lot of miracles in both those areas. We met with the white couple we are teaching again this week. We read the book of mormon with them and things are going super solid with them. We actually found another white couple that we are teaching and a ton more Marshallese haha. It's funny cause a lot of the people coming from the islands were actually baptized members over there but when they get over here, they don't know where the church is or how to get there so they just hang out until we find them haha. We've been transferring over a lot of records from the islands lately and we have more people wanting to come to church.

The Lord has been teaching me so much lately. I'm just trying to soak it all in and learn from all the experiences I'm having. I am grateful for this work. It's seriously so cool to be a part of. Love ya all!

Love,
Elder Leavitt
Pictures from Sister Loveland





Elder Leavitt keeping a noticeably appropriate distance ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment