Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Monday, March 14, 2016

Well, another week gone in the mission field. This past Thursday, we got to go to a meeting with one of the head guys in Salt Lake. His name is Brother Hemmingway and he is something like the head of missionary proselyting in the Mission Department so this guy knows a lot about missionary work. He talked to us for a really long time and pretty much changed everyone's view on missionary work... It was incredible. We all took real close notes and it has been an eye opener for me. It has shown me that I have a lot to work on but now I have some ideas on how to improve and that makes me excited for the future.

This past Saturday, there was a baptism for a little Marshallese girl named Bina. I got to interview her and she was really enthusiastic about getting baptized. Her dad was going to do it but unexpectedly said that he didn't want to anymore. So Friday night she called me up and asked if I would baptize her in Marshallese. I got the opportunity to baptize Bina Riklon a member of the church and I didn't even mess up my Marshallese! If that isn't a miracle I don't know what is!

I'm so very thankful for the Power of the Priesthood. I have seen miracles come about from the faith and authority of worthy Priesthood holders. I'm so blessed to have grown up in a household where it was present and to have a father willing to live worthy to bless his family. Having this restored authority on the earth has blessed countless lives and will continue to bless my life and the lives of those who are willing to have faith in the divine origin it comes from. Thank you all for the amazing letters and emails you have sent this week. I hope you all have a blessed week!

Love, Elder Leavitt

Bina's baptism! I was on splits with Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment