Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

Since you heard a lot from me this past Wednesday, I'll try to put in as much as I can into this email haha. So, I went and picked up Elder Olsen on Thursday and we've been doing great ever since! He's from Utah (Surprise there) and he's excited to serve so we have been able to get a lot done these past couple of days!

On Saturday, we had the baptism interview with Larry and everything went just perfectly! He is going to be baptized this coming Saturday if everything plays out like it should! Larry has overcome so many obstacles because of the sincere desire that he has to be baptized. I'm really excited for him! The Bishop is going to be baptizing him and he asked me to witness and give a talk so I've got some assignments to take care of now!

Yesterday at church, Kamal (our Syrian recent convert) received the Aaronic priesthood and we were able to stand in the circle for that. It was such an amazing experience. After church, we went over to a members for dinner and he was telling us how excited he was to fulfill his duties in the church as a man holding the priesthood. Hearing him say all of this in his broken English and Syrian accent really made it an incredible experience. He's preparing to get his Temple recommend here soon too so hopefully we will be going to the temple with him!

Pretty exciting couple of days if I do say so myself. Seeing the eagerness of others to come closer to Christ has really made me step back. I've had this truth with me my whole life so I don't know how it feels to be without it, but I know that this Gospel changes lives. I've seen it. I love y'all and hope all is well!

Love,
Elder Leavitt

Improving my bowling game for pday.
I actually got this bowling shirt for free. 
Elder Olsen is in the white shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment