Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday, August 29, 2016

Alright pretty stellar week this week! We had a ton of really cool experiences and blessing so I'm going to have to try and wrap it all up into one email for ya!

Larry Green was baptized this past Saturday and it was one of the most spiritual moments of my mission. He asked if I would baptize him just a couple days before the baptism. I've never met a man so ready for the commitment and cleansing of baptism. There were a ton of people that showed up for the baptism and there was even a surprise guest! Spencer Dye (known before hand as Elder Dye) showed up for the baptism because he heard about it and he was one of the first missionaries to teach Larry. It was really cool to get to see him again and talk for awhile. I'm really excited to see where Larry's life is going to take him as a new member of the Church. He's going to do amazing things!

So we have got a couple new investigators this past week that we are really excited. One that we are pumped about is Preston. He came to church last week and loved it so we invited him to play ultimate Frisbee with the Elders quorum and so he came and then he came to church again yesterday. He said that he made up his mind about being Mormon and that he would talk to us later. He texted us and said that he was ready to take the discussions. We are going to see him later this week with a ward member who got home from his mission last week. We are excited to see how it will go.

I'm so thankful to be where I am and to be here at this time. This past week has really been awesome and I know that this work is the Lord's. I love y'all and hope all is well back home.

Love,
Elder Leavitt

He did it! Larry's baptism

Majestic companion pic

No comments:

Post a Comment